Thursday, January 23, 2014

What We've Been Up To (Otherwise titled: Bad blogger updates world)

Bad Blogger Updates World:

I'm told way to opften that I don't blog enough and that people wish I would more. I suppose I just feel like my life is boring (compared to my mom friends) and picture-less (thanks to Lily's destruction of my camera on my phone and my outdated camera...darn the newfangled technology that keeps outdating our fancy gadgets).
So I just don't. Sad...I know. But - it's Thursday...the day that I occasionally blog (Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real) but thanks to the flu last week and recovering this week I don't have one single picture to share that fits the post. So I thought - 'what the heck' I'll tell you what's happening in our world...and if you're lucky - I'll find a random picture to share - just cause. So - here goes:

Alan:
Alan is working. He works 8-5 Monday and Tuesday, 12-9 Wednesday and Thursday, and his weekends alternate. One Friday is a half day/off Saturday and the next is all day Friday/1/2 day Saturday. We obviously prefer the first option. When he isn't working at work, he's working at home. He does the accounts for the church and the symphony orchestra here in town. He keeps busy. He also is in a band (Bad Hat) playing his accordion. Little Allison (who really isn't so little anymore) has him wrapped around her little finger...tightly. They adore each other...and I love to watch them together! Sweet Clarissa thinks he hung the moon. When we pull into our driveway her first question/statement is "Alan home?" If I say no, she says, "He at work? He come home soon." He is so good with them. He got a new study Bible for Christmas and I love seeing my husband come home from work and pick it up. Love him.

Mercy:
Oh my sweet Mercy. She could sooo live without Lily in our lives! That said, she is still her Momma's baby and knows it. Her favorite place to be during the day is in my lap with me rubbing her belly. At night, you can find her curled up at my back. Which Alan loves...or not. We've fought fleas this year like nothing else with her. It so sad to see her just itch and itch. Bless her heart. She's so used to having me home (Icemaggedon, Christmas break, flu) that she is simply unimpressed with the phrase "Go to Bed". She kinda looks at me like yeah right and sits wherever she is. Her favorite part of the day is a walk with Alan...she dances in circles as he gets his coat and shoes on and practically prances down the sidewalk. I'm talking with Donna about doing theraphy dog testing for her and then taking her to nursing homes to sit with the residents. We will see...

Lily:
Oh Lily...what a mess she is! She's growing up. Really. You won't notice it when you first come over, or if someone rings the doorbell or walks down our sidewalk (how dare they). But she is. She was even allowed to stay out of her crate a few nights not too long ago, but she's quite the cover hog and it really confused her becuase 'go to bed' means get in your crate and sleep...not get in mom's bed. She's back to sleeping in her crate and happily so. She graduated from her obedience classes and still knows her commands 2 weeks later! She passed her CGC and I will send in her paperwork soon to get her tag. (CGC - Canine Good Citizen test...means she can be polite...in public...in defined situations...sometimes -- but please don't expect it if you ring the doorbell...I'm just saying) She is quite the cuddle bug. She loves to jump up im my lap and sleep for hours. Or at least until she puts my legs to sleep and I make her move. If nothing else - she keeps things hoppin.

Me:
Christmas Break was wonderful. We kept the girls several nights, I slept late, I spent time with the family...and then it ended. Back to work I went. For one week. My sweet friend Chrystal was in town and we wanted to spend time together so we visited at Starbucks and then went to Plano to see Saving Mr. Banks. I rode to Plano with her. We sang BELTED Disney tunes the whole way there. The movie was fabulous. Seriously - I loved it. As we walked out Alan commented, "That'll be added to our movie collection." He's a smart man. On the way home I was tired and the next morning I woke up to an elephant sitting on my eyes. Not really - just felt like it. My head hurt sooooooooooo bad. It got worse through the weekend and I was eventually diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection AND the flu. That's not fun stuff. So I stayed home for a week. Christmas break - work one week - home one week - have Monday off. I could get used to this! I discovered this week that 'belonging' in a community makes life so much better. (Maybe I'll blog about that...maybe). Friends took care of me with care packages and well wishes. Wonderful.

This week I am better and so I went to auditions for The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. I so appreciate our theater! (Perhaps another post?!) I think I relax just walking through the doors. And such sweet friends there. Yeah -- I'll have to write about it sometime! (hehe)

That brings us to today. I'm at work (shhh...don't tell anyone). I have no students today. One is out and is quite ill. We both caught the flu at the same time. I'm recovered - his settled in his chest and he is very sick. If you are reading this and you are the praying type - please say a prayer for him and his healing/recovery. If you prefer - good mojo/thoughts/karma his way? Tonight I will take Rissa to her second dance class. I LOVE that she is loving it. I can. not. wait. for her recital this semester.
And just like that - I've run out of things to say. Thanks for sticking with me and reading my boring, pictureless blog about basically nothing. :) (Dad -- now you know what's happening around here! :))

And since you stuck it out -- here's a picture of my fur-nurses last week...aren't they sweet?

The girls curled up with me -- that's about where they were all week


Lily all cozy in the blankets...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you blogged! I'll keep your student in my prayers and I am so excited to be together again at the theater!!!

    ReplyDelete