Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

I was going to play Catch-up...but then I decided that would be too difficult. I still have an Icemaggedon post to do...a Christmas post of 12 to do...and so much more...someday folks...someday. In the meantime -- let me do a Pretty-Happy-Funny-Real.

Pretty
Ok - this one is actual 'old' and there's a whole post for it too...
Alan and I took Clarissa and Allison to have their pictures taken for their family as a Christmas gift to the family members. This is one of my favorite shots...


Aren't they gorgeous girls?!

Happy
Lily has graduated from obedience classes. She has successfully completed all 3! She even passed her CGC (Canine Good Citizen) test! What that means is that in controlled situations (and generally overall) she is a polite puppy to be around. Unless of course you come to our house...then all bets are off. They always take 'graduation' pictures for me. Here's my little graduate!


Funny

3 things win in the funny catagory:
1. I was trying to get a picture of Lily one morning and she turned her head as if to say, "This is my good side mom..."



2. On Saturday afternoon Ally and Rissa spent some time with us. (We went to eat with Kerchak from Tarzan!) When Ally woke up her hair was A MESS...it's the sign of a really good nap!





3. Our previous pastor, Gary, always had a picture to pass to dueling couples in the couples Sunday school class. The first one was a chihuahua and a chinese crested. The crested was yelling at the chihuahua and the chihuahua was OBVIOUSLY cringing. There have been others and anytime I see one I try to send it on...this is the latest one! (Why is it always the crested?!)





Real


This girl....
For Christmas this year Alan and I sent gifts to children in a foster home in China. WE sent gifts to a boy and a girl. This is Esther.



We sent her some things. She is an orphan. She needs a family as do many others. I've posted about this before. I know we can't all go...but we can all do something. What can you do? Pray? Give? Go? This girl...for her, and many others...I pray. (click this link to see the boy we sent gifts to..his name is Brendan.)

Ok - so sometime in the future perhaps I'll catch up -- but honestly - please don't hold your breath! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonder, I loved this post and the Christmas portrait is precious...the Dog picture hilarious - Go Lily (not her dog picture, she is adorable) and your gift to Esther, you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete