Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real - The rest of October

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real has gotten much harder to do because I can not post pics of the Peanut due to Foster Care rules.....and I mostly take pictures of the Peanut these days...however, I did find a few pictures from October that do not include her (or at least her face).  However, if I could post one -- let me tell you -- my Bumblebee on Halloween was the CUTEST thing you have EVER seen....you just had to be there to see it....So without further ado...


Pretty: I got to see my sweet friend Susan on Saturday in October.  Their adoption ministry (Mosaic) was showing The Drop Box. While Alan and I did see it in theaters, that was before we were licensed foster parents and the movie counts as training hours. So we went and showed off the Peanut.  But the highlight of the day was spending a few hours Susan and seeing her family.


Happy: Lots of things make me happy...but this little Monkey Butt is probably at the tip-top of the list...(dontcha wish you could see her pretty face too!?)


Funny: On the same Saturday as the Drop Box (it was a busy day!), we also had Westie Walk. I have been going to Westie Walk with Donna since I got Mercy.  This was the first year I have tried to take both...I was exhausted!  This picture makes me laugh because Lily is so happy to be a bumble bee and Mercy is so put out to be a ladybug.  We didn't win the costume contest (we aren't Westies) but we (well, Lily and I) love to participate! :) (Lily did win the bowling contest...Bull.In.China.Closet. The end) 


Real: (This isn't October -- but it's so important!) November is National Adoption Month.  I have been an advocate of adoption since I watched several friends adopt their children.  I am even more so an advocate as I am now a foster parent and understand it even more.  Everyone can do something for adoption (and as Christians we are CALLED to!).  You can be the aopter, you can support an adopter, you can pray for adopters and adoptees, you can simply smile and tell an adoptive mom "Good Job"....there are so many ways you can help.  As a foster mom, I am so blessed to know there are others praying for us and for Peanut.  Sometimes I am just so tired and so out of words that I am truly blessed to know there are others all around picking up the torch and carrying for me.  I am blessed to be surround by many who are willing to say, "Here, let me help".  But at the same time, I do the same for my adoptive friends.  What can you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment