Thursday, May 1, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

So, this week I had dinner with my wonderful friend Kathy (over at 9PeasMom). She had recently posted several blog updates that we discussed and then we discussed why I haven't been blogging. Mostly - it was because I got mad a blogger. However, that's kind of a bad excuse so here I am...

Pretty

="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhdvxCxNlEusBS3JlgKnx0VtUvvxhHQcpV-5wSEA-BBw_4NR65YH0zeAJCzwx_9F-z9mVoUhWRK65VX74iqbPzPPyJgg4m11uAvLjA6H-rCIYns3zWqgqcVg2a3vqXTxiI8QC9wYjbyBdI/s1600/outside.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">

On Monday as I was headed home I snapped this (at a red light). It was so sunny and pretty outside. I love spring! I enjoy being able to walk outside and it's comfortable. I find myself WANTING to go for walks or stay outside with the dogs for a bit. So pretty! (For the record, I love summer too -- just from inside..)



Happy


On April 13, we went to dinner as a family to honor Thomas' achievement in Bible Drill (which Allison and I did as kids) and to celebrate Allison's and my birthday. We weren't super close as kids, but as adults - she's one of my very best friends!


On the Saturday before Easter we went to a brunch at my Grandmother's assisted living building. The food was yummy, it was fun to see my family...but this woman - I sure do love her!


Easter Sunday -- I LOVE Easter - He is RISEN indeed!









--I don't have a picture for this one...but Esther (the girls we sponsor at New Day Foster Home in China) was recently matched with a family! She will soon no longer be an orphan! How my heart sings!


Funny





I had Lily and Mercy groomed this week. Mercy got a good shave down....she's still mad at me.
Lily isn't a huge fan of riding in cars and often wonders until she finds a place she feels 'ok'. Today - it was the carseat. I guess they aren't just for babies!





This gem is from one Sunday in church -- I don't remember the context -- just that it cracks me up...every time!







Real






A gal that I work with is having a baby in less than a month and we recently had her baby shower. I decided I wanted to do something for her that included sewing so I added ruffles across the tushie of the onsies. They are soo stinking cute! Then I made burp rags. I will not do this in the same way ever again. I have devised a few ways to try again...later. I also made a baby blanket with the sweetest pink and purple flannel that said 'I Love Mommy' and 'I Love Daddy'. I added a shade darker on the back and used dark purple to stich. It turned out the easiest and my fav! I will definitely add ruffles and make blankets again!
(I also made a dress on Sunday - it was a sewing weekend!)

I am getting geared up for another baby shower. This time for a boy. I'm doing a onsie with 'suspenders' and interchangeable bowties! I'm planning to try bibs and a blanket. I'm loving that I can use this skill to create things for my friends! :)

This weekend I plan to finish a jacket for the dress I made and start outfits for the girls. We will see how it goes! :)

There it is friends! Please forgive any funky layout issues as blogger still isn't totally cooperating. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment