Thursday, May 15, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} -- Furbabies edition

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Every Thursday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter!


Today we start with REAL:
--Today was supposed to be the 'Rissa Edition', but things have changed and I've decided to do a 'Furbabies' edition. You see, this morning, my sweet friend Donna had to put down her sweet puppy Emma Claire. Two years ago Emma Claire was liberated from a Puppy Mill. When she was rescued she had tumors in her mammary glands that were removed and it was assumed that she was cancer free. She was adopted, then later my friend Donna got her. Donna loves her pups well! Over the weekend, Donna text me and said she was going to the ER vet with sweet Emma, who was just having some troubles. We went, they did x-rays...and found the cancer had returned and metastasized in her lungs. We were hoping to get her comfortable and give her some comfortable 'last days'. However, yesterday evening she took a turn for the worst and this morning it was time. It doesn't matter how many times you see it, experience it, it never gets easier! In honor of sweet Emma's passing - I give you 'the furbaby edition':

Here is a picture of Emma and Mercy from the dog park over the summer.


Funny:
Oh the many faces of my sweet Lily! I like to call this one 'home dawg'.


Happy:
My girls...in my lap...le big sigh!


Pretty:
Aren't they just too sweet? Love our girls and are so thankful for them and for our sweet Auntie Donna who loves them like they are her own. Mercy will be going over to her Auntie Donna's to snuggle her and help her feel better. While I will miss her, I love that I have such a good friend in Donna and that my girls love her as much as she loves them.


With that my friends, I say "Hug your fur babies tonight and be extra grateful for them!"

Also, Alan, Candice, and I will be walking (running) for SPCA this weekend. Our team name is the PuppyMill Pirates in honor of sweet Emma. Feel free to donate to the SPCA to help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment