Tuesday, March 17, 2015

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I love this day!  It just makes me happy! To commemorate I thought I'd show you me and Alan through the years, since we (re)met during Spring Break in 2009.

While the first picture doesn't show his face - it is one of my ALL TIME FAV's that he is IN.
That's James Like on the left and Alan on the right.  I'd spent a week with the 2 of them and this is how I felt! :)


Here is one of him playing the accordion that year.  It was the first time I experienced an Irish Ceili with lots of music and fun...hence our Paddy's Day Party's now!


2010 - Paddy's Day Parade in Galway, Ireland.  Alan and I were part of the drama team.  He was the Sheriff and I was a prairie girl.  We dance through the streets of Galway with the drama team.  Good fun!  (Look how young we look!!!)


2011 - This year I didn't go to Ireland over Spring Break. Instead, Mom and I went to Georgia to visit Amy, Paul, Andrew, and Christopher.  This is me with the boys in the Ireland shirts.  They were real into the picture - as you can see.


2012 - Our first Paddy's Day party.  I think we had 25-30 in attendance.  We had such a fun time.  Paddy's Day is also our 6 month anniversary so on this day we'd been married for 6 whole months!!!


2013 - Party number 2!  


2014 - Party 3 (Apparently this photo surprised Alan!)


2015 - Ok - so this is not what we look like today.  Alan has on a solid green shirt today and I have on one that says "Keep Calm and Sure, it's Grand".  This is from Sunday...and isn't great...but it's the most current one of the two of us.  :)



 Let us remember on this day - which I love because it's just fun - that it is about a man and the wonderful things he did for Ireland.  St. Patrick taught a pagan land about our Lord and Savior through a simple 3 leaf clover.  His love and dedication to a small island nation turned the tide in it's history.  May we be so bold, loving, and dedicated to our land.  Now - go enjoy your corned beef, shepherd's pie, potatoes, and Guinness...and have fun! :)

1 comment: