Thursday, January 8, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

Pretty:

Alan and I spent Christmas in Ireland with his Dad.  One day we went to visit his mom's grave and I snapped this picture of Alan and his Dad walking outside of the Bennykerry (sp?) church.  I know it's crooked, but I thought it was pretty!


The night before we left as we drove past this rock at the front of his Dad's neighborhood I thought it was pretty so I walked down and took a picture.  As I was doing that I noticed how beautiful the sunset was so I snapped that too!
(Side note: most neighborhood's don't have street signs like we do. This is how they designate alot of areas.)



Happy:

Spending Christmas with Alan's family was wonderful.  Different, but wonderful.  I am so glad we snapped these pics with Vincent (his dad) and Collette (his Aunt - mom's sister) - they certainly make me happy! :)

(me, Vincent, Alan)


(me, Alan, Collette)


Bonus Happy:
I made these blankets for the boys for Christmas and they loved them! :)



Funny:
These pictures of Paul and Amy crack me up...

Paul was soooo excited about our New Year's eve party.  It was rocking awesome...er...LOUD!


I honestly don't even remember why I took this one -- but it's funny!


Bonus funny:
At the house warming party...my 3 nephews plus my almost nephew all crowed on the guest bed around on device...


Real:
Christmas with my family was wonderful!  We cried some, laughed lots, and enjoyed ourselves.  When my mom was cleaning out my Grandmother's apartment she found the same check boxes Grandmother had been using for cash gifts our whole lives.  She and Grandmother used the one last time.  I now have it in my possession.  We cried.

When Grandmother was in the hospital/rehab/hospice Mom and I started saying, "It is what it is....and that's all it is".  It carried us through.  So when I found this little sign I had to get it for her.  We cried a little.


Lest you think all we did was cry -- the boys opened each gift exclaiming it's what they always wanted.  Alan and I recieved gifts for the house and I gave Mom, Amy, and Allison Mini Rolls...and there was much rejoicing! :)

Bonus funny:

This is how I feel most days -- but I actually have to drag myself out of bed....sigh



1 comment:

  1. I love the Ireland photos and all the fun - your house warming party was just lovely and GBOF - I love Lucy - so fun to see that meme!

    ReplyDelete