Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing

Oh my stars am I a bad blogger or what?!  Seriously folks!!!  I mean, I know the 2 of you who read this have been checking daily for the last month and a half.  Where have I been?!

I've been in a show.

I was cast in Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing as a doctor (Dr. Cone) and a business-woman (Mrs. Denberg - in the story it's really a guy - but for our show -- it was me!).  Then, afte the first weekend some folks dropped out, so I picked up the role of Mrs. Yarby.  I was the trophy wife of Mr. Yarby. 

Highlights of the role?  Acting the snob, screaming about a turtle ("I can't STAND reptiles...take that thing away!), and screaming about a toddler who put stickers on a suitcase ("HOWIE!!!! Just look at what that.......just look!!!!").  Seriously - fantastic role!  (There are no pictures of this as it was added at the end...there is however this fabulous backstage pic of me..)

Mrs. Denberg was a blast as I chased Fudge around stage on a tricycle.  Dr. Cone's best line? "You may want to get a new turtle, Peter" (as Fudge has EATEN his turtle and I 'gave' him prune juice to get it out! 
 

 


BUT - the ABSOLUTE best part of the show?  Mercy was in it!  My little diva dog made her acting debut!  In her first scene she walked across the stage with 2 young girls who were 'dog walkers'.  She wore her harness dress made by her Aunt Donna and pranced/danced across the stage looking for treats.  Precious!




Then at the end of the story, Peter gets a dog (because Fudge ate his last pet).  Mercy was 'Turtle' the dog he got.  She sat in a box and just looked adorable.  I loved hearing the audience go "AWWWW" as the box she was in was opened.  She was PERFECT!  Love that fur baby!



As always, a great time acting under the direction of Webster Crocker -- he's truly fabulous!

Here are our headshots as well:




No comments:

Post a Comment