Monday, September 30, 2013

Adoption

A few years ago a family friend adopted a little sweetheart from China. Since then I have been a little adoption blog stalker. I admit it -- it touches my heart! Last year, some other family friends adopted a sweetie from China. Guess what...still blog stalking! A feew weeks ago I ran across a blog called The Blessing of Verity.



It is about a family who adopted from Pleven in Bulgaria. If you go back and read the story and your heart doesn't break...well...it will. From there I found an advocacy website for children around the world, many with Down Syndrome and Cebral Palsy. Several of the kids on this particular site are in Eastern Europe - where the conditions are terrible for orphans. The site is Reece's Rainbow.



Today - the writer of the blog I mentioned about posted about a boy in need of a family. If a family doesn't step forward and commit to this boy within 1 week he will age out and will be sent to a mental institution where he will likely recieve little to no care until he starves to death. Please read over the blog, pray for him, and pass it on -- perhaps you know the family God has chosen for him. If nothing else, join me (an many others) in prayer for him and the other orphans of this world.

1 comment: